The Lenovo g50 is a great laptop users on a budget. It is well suited web browsing, streaming, and checking email. For heavy office use it begins to struggle, but is capable.
The intel i3 processor an entry level processor allowing for the most basic tasks, the 4 GB of RAM allows users to one application comfortably at a time, and the 1TB HD storage space offers a large amount of room to save documents, photos and video.
To reiterate, this is a laptop for those with a strict budget. If you want to spend as little as possible, this laptop is for you. If you need a machine for work or any intense activity, please look elsewhere. Best use case for this laptop is downloading photos from CDs or SD Cards and emailing or uploading them, as well as, web browsing and streaming.
This laptop includes a webcam perfect for zoom calls, and a CD/DVD multidrive (something not found on many newer laptops.)
The operating system is Windows 10 Home which is still receiving updates from Microsoft. All major software will most likely be compatible with this OS for quite some time.
Features and specifications
- Processor intel i3
- Graphic memory chip: Integrated
- Display: 15.6″ 16:9
- Standard memory: 4 GB DDR3L (max 8 GB / 16 GB)
- Hard disk drive: 2.5-inch 1TB HD
- Optical drive: Internal 9.0 mm
- Combo audio jack × 1
- RJ45 × 1
- HDMI port × 1
- USB 2.0 port × 2, USB 3.0 port × 1
- 2 in 1 slot × 1 (SD/MMC)
- 1/8″ Combo audio jack
- 1.5 W speakers × 2
- Single Microphone / Array Microphone
- Ethernet (on the system board): 10/100/1,000 Mbps
- Bluetooth wireless :Combined in combo card
- Keyboard: 6 rows Lenovo Keyboard
- Touch pad: Multi-touch type
- Integrated camera: HD (720p)/0.3 M
- Battery: 4 cell, 2,200 mAh / 2,800 mAh